HomeNewsArticle Display

Fairchild VA benefits now quicker

FAIRCHILD AIR FORCE BASE, Wash. -- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has teamed up with the U.S. Department of Defense to help people receive the VA benefits they’ve earned more quickly. Whether 60 or 180 days from separation or retirement from military service, it’s time to start taking advantage of the VA Pre-Discharge Programs.

Through the Transition Assistance Program, all disability compensation claims require filing VA Form 21-526EZ, application for disability compensation and related compensation benefits, submitting copies of service treatment records, and completing the VA separation health assessment disability exam.

The VA SHA disability exam may meet the requirements for DoD’s mandatory separation history and physical exam and requiring just one physical exam for both departments means faster delivery of benefits.

Ready to get started?

Ask a VA Benefits Advisor to help walk through the process of filing a disability compensation claim, completing VA Form 21-526EZ, and submitting it with copies of service treatment records. There are three ways for you to apply for a disability compensation claim:

Online: Apply online at www.eBenefits.va.gov.

In Person: Complete VA Form 21-526EZ and submit it with copies of your service treatment records to the VA location nearest you.

By Mail: Call VA toll-free at 1(800) 827-1000 to have the claim form mailed to you. Then mail it and copies of your service treatment records to the VA location nearest you.

To learn more about VA Pre-Discharge Programs or to receive individual assistance with filing your disability compensation claim, contact Fairchild’s VA Benefits Advisors: Randy Crawford or Gerd Scheller at (509) 247-3760.