Obtaining a pass
Visitor passes will be issued Monday through Sunday at the Visitor Control Center from 0600-1700. After hours and during holiday closures, passes will be issued at the Main Gate.
Any person attempting to enter Fairchild without an authorized credential for entry must be identity proofed, pass a background investigation, and have a reason for entry validated. Visitors to Fairchild AFB may be personally sponsored by active duty military/retired personnel, dependents 16 years and older, and members of the National Guard and Military Reserve Forces.
Personnel residing off-base may only sponsor visitors for the day of the visit.
Personnel who reside on-base may sponsor visitors up to a maximum of 30 days.
Visits longer than 30 days must be approved through an Exception to Policy Letter routed through the sponsor’s chain of command, and approved by the 92d MSG/CC in advance of the visit.
DoD civilian employees may sponsor official guests or visitors only during their normal business/duty hours.
Visitors driving on the installation WILL be required to provide proof of current vehicle registration and insurance.
Visitors can be pre-announced in 1 of 3 ways:
(1) Sponsors may send a digitally signed/encrypted e-mail to: email@example.com with visitor’s last name, first name, middle initial, date of birth, social security number, dates and times of visit and destination address of the visit, and sponsors last name, first name, middle initial, social security number, and contact telephone number.
(2) Sponsor calls the visitor information into the VCC. When the guest arrives, the sponsor will be contacted at their call back number to report to the gate to obtain the pass and escort the visitor.
(3) The sponsor may provide the VCC a signed letter prior to the arrival of visitors if the visit date(s) are known. The letter must contain the full name, date of birth, social security number, dates of visit and destination address of the visit. It must also contain the full name, social security number and contact telephone number of the sponsor. This will allow the visitor access to the installation without the sponsor having to report to the visitor center to escort the guest.
Due to HPCON BRAVO: All visitors will be required to fill out a general COVID screening questionnaire. Any questions marked “Yes” will require an Exception to Policy Letter to be routed through the sponsor’s chain of command, and approved by the 92d MSG/CC in advance of the visit.
Acceptable credentials and source identity documents must:
(1) Be original and current (unexpired).
(2) Not contain the markings “Not Valid for Federal Purposes,” “Not For Use as Federal Identification,” “Federal Limits May Apply,” or any other similar phrase.
(3) In the case of a driver’s license or non-driver’s identification card issued by a State, territory, possession, or the District of Columbia, be compliant with the REAL ID Act of 2005.
(4) Enhanced Driver’s Licenses (EDLs) are state-issued driver’s licenses, meeting REAL ID standards, issued in accordance with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).
Acceptable alternate credentials are:
(1) An unexpired U.S. passport or passport card.
(2) Original or certified true copy of a birth certificate bearing a raised seal, social security card, and driver’s license issued by a State, territory, possession, or the District of Columbia that is not REAL ID-compliant. All three documents must bear the same name or a former name as documented on acceptable name change documentation such as a court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decree.
Individuals who do not possess a driver’s license or identification card compliant with the REAL ID Act, and do not possess an acceptable alternate identification credential, must be escorted or will be denied access. Escorts must remain within reasonable visual contact of the individual(s) they are escorting. Escorted individuals may travel in a separate vehicle so long as the vehicle remains within visual contact of the escort.
All requests for foreign nationals (non-US citizens) to access Fairchild AFB will be forwarded to the Foreign Disclosure Office (FDO) in Building 2245, Rm 125, or 509-247-2076. An individual with dual U.S. citizenship will be treated the same as an individual with only U.S. citizenship.
Veterans Health Information Card (VHIC)
The VHIC must display the eligibility status (i.e., PURPLE HEART, FORMER POW, SERVICE CONNECTED). Visit https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/vhic for information regarding eligibility for the VHIC and the application process. The individual must register the card with the Visitor Control Center before access. Cardholders may sponsor up to five personnel.