Deep Creek

The Deep Creek operational storage site was located at Deep Creek Air Force Station, less than two miles from the runway of what is now Fairchild AFB. The weapons storage area for the 92nd and 98th Bomb Groups was constructed between 1950 and 1953. On July 1, 1962, Deep Creek Air Force Station became part of Fairchild AFB and the munitions storage unit, previously operated by the Air Logistics Command, was transferred to the command of SAC. (Courtesy photo)

PHOTO BY:
VIRIN: 151027-F-DL164-003.JPG
FULL SIZE: 0.13 MB
Additional Details

No camera details available.

IMAGE IS PUBLIC DOMAIN

Read More

This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release. If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit. Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at https://www.dimoc.mil/resources/limitations, which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.