Chief Master Sergeant Daniel Guzman is the Command Chief Master Sergeant 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington. The Wing provides global reach airpower and deploys expeditionary forces in support of worldwide combat, contingency, and humanitarian requirements. The Wing operates 63 KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft performing refueling, airlift, and aeromedical evacuation missions supporting US and coalition contingency operations and USSTRATCOM strategic deterrence missions. As the command chief, Chief Guzman advices the Wing Commander on all matters affecting the readiness, training, professional development, and effective utilization of all assigned enlisted personnel and coordinates support for 18 associate units. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the United States Air Forces in Europe and United States Air Forces Africa, Command First Sergeant, at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
CMSgt Guzman entered the Air Force in April 1997. He graduated from the Supply Management Apprentice Couse at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in July 1997. His background includes various duties in the Material Management career field and First Sergeant special duty. His assignments include bases in South Carolina, South Korea, Arizona, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Virginia, Florida and Germany. Chief Guzman has also deployed in support of operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM and FREEDOM'S
2001 Airman Leadership School, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
2006 Associate of Applied Science, Logistics, Community College of the Air Force 2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2008 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, Norfolk, Va., by correspondence 2009 Associates Degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force 2009 Bachelor of Science, Operations Management, Southwestern College, Winfield, Kan.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force 2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2012 Masters in Business Administration/Military Operations Management, Cum Laude, Trident University International, Cypress, Calif. 2013 Graduate Certificate in Executive Leadership, Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
2013 Master Certificate in Human Resource Management, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa. 2014 Master Certificate in Lean Enterprise Solutions, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
2017 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md. 2020 Africa Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Wash. D.C.
2020 Resilience-Building Leader Certified Trainer, Resilience-Building Leader Program, Burbank, Calif. 2020 Transnational Issues Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Wash. D.C.
2020 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Judge Advocate General's School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. April 1997 – May 1997, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. May 1997 - July 1997, Supply Management Technical School student, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. August 1997 – June 1998, Individual Equipment Clerk, 20th Supply Squadron, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
4. June1998 – October 1999, Storage and Issue Clerk,20th Supply Squadron, Shaw AFB,
S.C. (May– Oct 1999, 363d Supply Squadron, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
5. October 1999 – August 2001,Mobility Spares Package Technician, 20th Supply Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C. (May – September 2000,55th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey)
6. August 2001 – August 2002, Supply Management Journeyman, 5th Reconnaissance Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
7. September 2002 – January 2003, Storage and Issue Supervisor, 355th Supply Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
8. January 2003 - January 2006, 354th Aircraft Maintenance Unit Supply management technician & Supply NCOIC, 355th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz. (Oct 2003 – March 2004, 354th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron, Kirkuk Air Base, Iraq) (September 2005 – January2006, 455th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan)
9. February 2006 – January 2007, HH-60 Parts Store NCOIC, 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz. (January 2007 – May 2007, 41st Expeditionary Electronic Warfare Squadron, Bagram Air Field ,Afghanistan)
10. May 2007 – December 2007, Receiving NCOIC, 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
11. December 2007- June 2008, assistant First Sergeant, 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
12. June2008 - June2009, First Sergeant, 612th Air Communications Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
13. June 2009 - May 2010, First Sergeant, 612th Air and Space Operations Center, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
14. May 2010 - May2012, First Sergeant, 65th Security Forces Squadron & 65th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
15. May 2012 – Jan 2013, Maintenance Support Superintendent, 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, United Kingdom
16. Feb 2013 – Jul 2015, Materiel Management Flight Chief, 48th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, United Kingdom
17. July 2015 – August 2016, ISR Systems Sustainment Superintendent, 480th Intelligence Surveillance& Reconnaissance Wing, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
18. August 2016 – May 2018, Materiel Management Chief Enlisted Manager, 96th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. (October 2017 – April 2018, Chief Enlisted Manager, 455th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron, Bagram Air Field Afghanistan)
19. June 2018 – August 2018, Chief Enlisted Manager, 96th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
20. August 2018 – December 2020, Command First Sergeant/8F000 Functional Manager, Headquarters United States Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein Air Base Germany
21. December 2020 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, WA
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
2005 354th Aircraft Maintenance Unit Supply NCO of the Year
2009 Headquarters12th Air Force (Air Forces Southern) First Sergeant of the Year 2009 Davis-Monthan AFB Associate Units First Sergeant of the Year
2011 65th Air Base Wing First Sergeant of the Year
2011 Air Force Sergeants Association Division 16(USAFE) Chapter member of the Year 2011 Air Force Sergeants Association Division 16 (USAFE) Recruiter of the Year
2012 Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 1669 SNCO of the Year
2013 United States Air Force General Lew Allen Jr. Logistics Readiness SNCO of the Year 2013 48th Fighter Wing SNCO of the Year
2014 48th Fighter Wing Materiel Management SNCO of the Year
"Work-life balance: What is it, and how do I get some?" Logistics Officer Association Exceptional Release, October 2019
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic April 2, 1997
Airman October 2, 1997
Airman First Class August 2, 1998
Senior Airman Below-the-Zone October 2, 1999
Staff Sergeant August 1, 2001
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2005
Master Sergeant July 1, 2008
Senior Master Sergeant July 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant September 1, 2016