|COLONEL BRIAN A. HILL|
Col. Brian A. Hill is the Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash. The 92nd ARW provides KC-135 aircraft and aircrews to support world-wide aerial refueling and airlift missions in support of the Department of Defense. The wing operates 35 KC-135 Stratotanker aircraft for coalition and contingency operations. Prior to this assignment, he was a student at the Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. Colonel Hill also served as Commander, 96th Air Refueling Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
Prior to his command assignment, Colonel Hill was the Deputy Executive Assistant to the Commander, Headquarters United States Pacific Command, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii.
A veteran of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, SOUTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, and JOINT ENDEAVOR, Colonel Hill earned his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1991, earning a Bachelor of Science. He is a Command Pilot with more than 3,100 hours in the T-1, T-3, T-37, T-38, C-130E/H and the KC-135R/T aircraft.
1991 Bachelor of Science Degree, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1995 Master of Arts, Physical Education, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colo.
1995 Squadron Officer's School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. in residence
2003 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2006 Master of Arts, National Security Studies, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval Station Newport, R.I. in residence
2007 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2013 Master of Arts, Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. in residence
1. November 1991 - November 1992, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. December 1992 - July 1993, Chief, Advertising and Promotion, 361st Recruiting Squadron, Sand Point NAS, Wash.
3. August 1993 - January 1995, Asst Athletic Director, Instructor, U.S. Air Force Academy Prep School, Colo.
4. February 1995 - August 1995, Intercollegiate Program Manager, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
5. October 1995 - December 1997, Pilot, 41st Airlift Squadron, Pope AFB N.C.
6. January 1998 - May 2001, Instructor Pilot/Flight Commander, 517th Airlift Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
7. June 2001 - August 2003, Wing Executive Officer/C-130E Evaluator Pilot, 86th Airlift Wing, Ramstein AB Germany
8. August 2003 - September 2004, Assistant Operations Officer, 911th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
9. September 2004 - June 2005, Operations Officer, 906th Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
10. June 2005 - July 2006, student, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
11. July 2006 - June 2007, Chief, C2 Systems Branch, Headquarters USPACOM J361, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
12. June 2007 - October 2007, Deputy Director, C2 Systems Integration Division, HQ USPACOM J36, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
13. October 2007 - May 2009, Deputy Executive Assistant to the Commander, HQ USPACOM, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
14. June 2009 - July 2009, Chief of Safety, 15th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
15. July 2010 - June 2012, Commander, 96th Air Refueling Squadron, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
16. July 2012 - May 2013, student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. July 2013 - present, Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,100
Aircraft flown: T-1, T-3, T-37, T-38, C-130E/H, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant May 29, 1993
Captain May 29, 1995
Major April 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2007
Colonel December 1, 2012
(Current as of July 2013)