|COLONEL MARC C VAN WERT|
Colonel Marc Van Wert is the Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington. The 92d ARW provides KC-135 aircraft and aircrews to support world-wide aerial refueling and airlift missions in support of the Department
of Defense. The wing operates 36 KC-135 aircraft for
coalition and contingency operations. Prior to this
assignment, he was the Chief of the Doctrine Division
at U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill
Air Force Base, Florida.
Colonel Van Wert earned his commission from the U.S. Air
Force Academy in 1990, earning a Bachelor of Science
degree in Human Factors Engineering while graduating with
military distinction. He is a Command Pilot with more than
3000 hours in the T-37, T-38, C-21, C-141, and KC-135
aircraft. He was a Distinguished Graduate from the C-141
and KC-135 Initial Qualification Aircraft Commander
Courses and upgraded to a C-141 Special Operations
Low Level (SOLL II) instructor. He also holds an Airline
Transport Pilot (ATP) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
rating. He has two daughters Ashlyn and Lauren.
1990 Bachelor of Science degree Human Factors Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (by correspondence also in 1995)
2002 Master of Aeronautical Science degree, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (extended campus)
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2004 Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
2004 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Master of Strategic Studies degree, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 1990 - October 1991, student, undergraduate pilot training (UPT), Reese AFB, Texas
2. November 1991 - July 1993, C-21 aircraft commander, 45th Airlift Flight, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
3. August 1993 - August 1996, C-21 instructor/evaluator pilot, 86th Operations Group, Ramstein AB, Ger.
4. August 1996 - June 1998, C-141 pilot scheduler/executive officer, 13th Airlift Squadron, McGuire AFB, NJ
5. June 1998 - February 2000, C-141 instructor pilot and Chief Special Operations Planner, 305th Operations Group, McGuire AFB, NJ
6. February 2000 - June 2002, Chief, Special Operations Airlift Programs, Combat Operations Division, Directorate of Operations, Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois
7. June 2002 - June 2003, Commander's Action Group (CAG), Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Illinois
8. June 2003 - June 2004, student, Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
9. June 2004 - June 2005, KC-135 Operations Officer, 19th Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, GA
10. June 2005 - January 2007, Commander, 99th Air Refueling Squadron (KC-135s), Robins AFB, GA
11. January 2007 - November 2007, Deputy Commander, 19th Air Refueling Group, Robins AFB, GA
12. November 2007 - December 2008, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. January 2009 - December 2009, Chief, Experimentation & Wargame Division, J9 Futures Directorate, United States Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. January 2010 - August 2010, Deputy Chief, Future Concepts & Experimentation Division, J7/9 Training, Knowledge, and Futures Directorate, United States Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
15. September 2010 - June 2011, Chief, Doctrine Division, J7/9 Training, Doctrine, and Capability Development, United States Special Operations Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
16. July 2011 - Present, Vice Commander, 92nd Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, WA.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,000
Aircraft flown: T-41, T-37, T-38, C-21A, C-141B, KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon - Long Tour
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
Air Force Longevity Service Award with silver leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
1996 Outstanding Contributor Award, Squadron Officer School (Flight 19), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Distinguished Graduate, C-141 Pilot Initial Qualification Aircraft Commander Course, Altus AFB, OK
2001 Young Leadership Award, Airlift/Tanker Association (A/TA) & Air Mobility Command (AMC)
2004 Distinguished Graduate, KC-135 Aircraft Commander Initial Qualification Course, Altus AFB, OK
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant May 30, 1992
Captain May 30, 1994
Major June 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2005
Colonel September 1, 2010
(Current as of July 2011)