|COLONEL PAUL H. GUEMMER|
Colonel Paul H. Guemmer is the Commander, 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Wash. The wing provides global reach airpower and deploys expeditionary forces in support of worldwide combat, contingency, and humanitarian requirements. The wing operates 36 KC-135 aircraft performing air refueling, airlift and aeromedical evacuation missions supporting US and coalition contingency operations & USSTRATCOM strategic deterrence missions. As installation commander, he is also responsible for activities and assigned functions of Fairchild Air Force Base and support for 19 associate units.
Colonel Guemmer received his commission as a Distinguished Graduate from the Reserve Officer Training Corps in 1988. He has held multiple flying assignments as an aircraft commander, instructor, and examiner pilot. The colonel has commanded at the squadron level, including a deployment as an expeditionary operations support squadron commander. His staff experience includes tours in the Air Staff's Joint Requirements Oversight Council Issues and Actions Division and the Joint Staff J-3's Readiness Division and Multinational Operations Division. Colonel Guemmer also deployed as the Vice Wing Commander for the 379 Air Expeditionary Wing.
Colonel Guemmer is a command pilot with more than 4,300 flying hours and more than 240 combat and combat support hours in the C-5, KC-10, KC-135, E-8, C-130, and C-21.
1988 Bachelor of Arts degree in chemistry, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
1994 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL.
1996 Master of Science degree in management, Webster University, St. Louis, IL.
2000 Master of Science degree in military operational arts and science, Air Command and Staff College,
Maxwell Air Force Base, AL.
2005 Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL. (correspondence)
2006 Master of Science degree in national resource strategy, National Defense University, Industrial College
of the Armed Forces, Ft McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. January 1989 - January 1990, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, OK
2. May 1990 - December 1993, C-5 Pilot, Aircraft Commander, Instructor Pilot, Examiner Pilot, Safety
Officer, and Chief of Training, 22nd Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, CA
3. January 1994 - December 1996, C-5 Combat Crew Training School Instructor, Examiner Pilot, Pilot
Scheduler, Flight Commander, and Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 56th Airlift
Squadron, and Wing Airlift Director, attached to 97th Operations Support Squadron, Altus AFB, OK
4. December 1996 - November 1997, KC-10 Aircraft Commander and Flight Commander, 32nd Air
Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, NJ
5. November 1997 - June 1999, KC-10 Instructor Pilot and Assistant Chief of Current Ops, 305th
Operations Support Squadron, McGuire AFB, NJ
6. July 1999 - June 2000, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, AL
7. June 2000 - May 2002, Branch Chief, Information Superiority, and Communications and Computer
Environment, Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessments, Joint Requirements Oversight Council Issues
and Actions Division, Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations with additional duty as Air
Force Crisis Action Team Executive Officer, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
8. May 2002 - June 2003, Operations Officer, 22nd Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, CA
9. June 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 21st Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB, CA with deployed duty as
Commander, 380th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Southwest Asia
10. August 2005 - June 2006, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University,
Ft McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2006 - August 2007, Operations Office and Assessments Branch Chief, Readiness Division,
Operations Directorate, J-3, the Joint Staff, Washington, D.C.
12. Sep 2007 - June 2008, Chief, Multinational Operations Division, Operations Directorate, J-3, the Joint
Staff, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2008 - July 2009, Vice Commander, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Southwest Asia
14. August 2009 - June 10, Chief, Strategy and Integration Division, Directorate of Strategic Planning,
Deputy Chief of Staff, Strategic Plans and Programs (HQ USAF), Headquarters U.S. Air Force,
15. June 2010 - Present, Commander, 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, Wash
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,300
Aircraft flown: C-5, KC-10, KC-135, E-8, C-130, and C-21
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and seven oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze stars
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
AF Overseas Ribbon Short with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and oak leaf cluster
AF Longevity Service with four oak leaf clusters
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
AF Training Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
Major General Glenn A. Profitt II Award (Air Education and Training Command Instructor Pilot of the Year)
Air Training Command Flying Training Award
Military Order of Saint Barber
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 16, 1988
First Lieutenant September 16, 1990
Captain September 16, 1992
Major July 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel August 1, 2007
(Current as of June 2010)