|COLONEL JAMES A. CRUTCHFIELD|
Colonel James A. Crutchfield is the commander of the 92d Operations Group, 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild Air Force Base, Washington.
He has served as the 398th Air Expeditionary Group Commander for NATO air operations and deputy commander of 379th Expeditionary Operations Group at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Prior to that, he was the first commander of the 572d Global Mobility Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif. Colonel Crutchfield has extensive experience in airlift and air refueling operations as a strategic plans staff officer in the J5 directorate at U.S. Transportation Command, assistant operations officer, flight commander, KC 135 Stratotanker evaluator/instructor pilot and C-130 Hercules formal training unit instructor pilot as well as having been a T-37 Tweet instructor at Undergraduate Pilot Training.
Colonel Crutchfield's flight accomplishments include participation in Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, Provide Comfort, Southern and Northern Watch, and support of Joint Interagency Task Force-South counter-drug operations. Colonel Crutchfield is a graduate of Kansas State University, the US Army Command and General Staff College, the US Army Advanced Military Studies Program, Joint Forces Staff College, and Air War College; he was commissioned through US Air Force Officer Training School.
Colonel Crutchfield is a command pilot with over 3,400 hours.
1987 Bachelors Degree, Kansas State University, Kan.
1998 Masters Degree in History, University of Central Arkansas, Ark.
2002 Army Command - General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2003 Masters Degree in Military Arts and Sciences, Army Advanced Studies, Kan.
2004 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2010 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. Feb. 1988 - Feb. 1989, student, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. Feb. 1989 - April 1989, T-37 instructor pilot trainee, Laughlin AFB, Texas
3. April 1989 - July 1989, pilot instructor training, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. July 1989 - Aug. 1992, T-37 instructor pilot, 85 Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin AFB, Texas
5. Aug. 1992 - Oct. 1992, student pilot C-130E, 61 Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. Oct. 1992 - May 1994, aircraft commander C-130E, 61 AS, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
7. May 1994 - Feb. 1996, wing scheduling officer/ aircraft commander C-130E, 319 Operations Support Squadron, Little Rock Ark.
8. Feb. 1996 - May 1998, flight commander, DOD formal school instructor aircraft commander, 53 AS, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
9. May 1998 - Oct. 1998, flight commander, aircraft commander, KC-135R, 905 Air Refueling Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
10. Oct. 1998 - Sept. 1999, group executive officer; instructor pilot KC-135R/T, 319 Operations Group, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
11. Sept. 1999 - Sept. 2000, 905 ARS, assistant operations officer; instructor pilot KC-135R, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
12. Sept. 2000 - June 2001, wing executive officer; evaluator pilot KC-135R, 319 Air Refueling Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
13. May 2003 - May 2005, strategic plans staff officer, U.S. Transportation command J5, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. June 2005 - March 2007, commander, 572 Global Mobility Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
15. April 2007- June 2009, deputy commander, 100th Operations Group, RAF Mildenhall, England
16. July 2009 - June 2010, student, U.S. Air Force Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
17. July 2010 - Present, commander, 92d Operations Group, 92d Air Refueling Wing, Fairchild AFB, WA
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 3,400
Aircraft qualifications: T-37, C-130E, and KC-135R/T
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant: Jan. 27, 1988
First Lieutenant: Jan. 27, 1990
Captain: Jan. 27, 1992
Major: Aug. 1, 1999
Lieutenant Colonel: June 1, 2004
Colonel: Dec. 1, 2009